If you have suffered from chronic pain for any length of time, you’ve probably tried lots of possible solutions with varying degrees of success. You’re naturally wary of a new device and the claims that it makes. We understand. You’re not alone if you have questions you need answered before purchasing your SOLIS Pain Relief System. That’s why we’ve compiled answers to 20 of the most common questions we hear our customers asking:
1. How does it work?
Patented SOLIS technology utilizes transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation with gentle precise electric pulses for pain relief. The advanced design of SOLIS allows you to apply penetrating pressure directly to the area of pain. When pressed against the skin, precise gentle electric pulses trigger natural body responses to relieve pain.
2. Is it safe?
SOLIS is safe to use for most people. Do not use this device if you have a pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted metallic or electronic device. Such use could cause shock, burns, electrical interference, or death. As with any medical device, it is always best to consult your physician before beginning any treatment.
3. What makes it different from a TENS unit?
SOLIS has FDA clearance as a TENS device. We like to think of SOLIS as a TENS device on steroids. A few major advantages of the SOLIS Pain Relief System over a typical TENS device include:
- With SOLIS, the user can compress the body tissue in the area of the pain for deeper nerve and muscle penetration than with traditional electrodes placed on the surface of the skin.
- The rectangular, co-planar electrodes, provide a laminar band of current, making SOLIS so much easier to use to target and relieve your pain. The fixed distance between the electrodes is designed for optimum current penetration plus optimum current penetration plus optimum muscle and tissue modulation.
- This device also does not require any sticky electrode pads, creating a more convenient user experience. There are no wires to get tangled. In fact, SOLIS is completely portable. Take it with you when you're on the go.
- With SOLIS, there is nothing to wear or any unsightly devices needed for long periods of time. In minutes you can be pain free for up to 8-24 hours. SOLIS really works.
4. What’s the difference between the original model 1000 and the newer model 1100?
The model 1100 is the new and improved version of the model 1000. The following improvements were incorporated:
- The components on the circuit board were updated to the latest technology
- The seals around the electrodes were improved
- The ergonomics of the device were changed to make the device easier to hold
- The battery compartment eliminated all wires
- The carrying case was updated to be more stylish and easier to transport
5. How fast does it work?
You should begin to experience relief in as little as 2-4 minutes..
6. How long does the relief last before I need to use the machine again?
This varies by individual, some people experience relief up to 8 hours while others have experienced relief for as long as 24 hours. Many individuals find that their expected relief time increases as they experiment with the device and learn exactly how to use it for their specific pain.
7. Do you have a wearable TENS unit?
We do not have a wearable device. This is actually one of the greatest advantages of SOLIS. SOLIS works fast so there is no need to wear the device. Simply use it and go on with your life.
8. Can I use it with a pacemaker?
SOLIS should NOT be used for people who have a pacemaker
9. Does Insurance cover the cost?
Typically insurance does not cover the cost of SOLIS. It is, however, a HSA and FSA eligible expense.
10. Does Medicare cover the cost?
Typically Medicare does not cover the cost of SOLIS. It is, however, a HSA and FSA eligible expense.
11. If it doesn’t work, can I get a refund?
Yes, we offer a 60-day money back guarantee. You are only responsible for return shipping and a 10% restocking fee applies to medical device returns
12. Do I need a prescription?
SOLIS is available over the counter. No prescription is needed.
13. Does the product work for restless leg syndrome?
Yes, in fact...that was the condition for which it was originally. You'll find more information in the personal story about our founder, Norm a revolutionary
14. Are there conditions or situations when it is not recommended for use?
- Do not use if you have a pacemaker or device in your body that sends electrical impulses
- Do not use on the head or sides or front of the neck
- Do not use directly over the heart
- SOLIS is not approved for use for a headache
- SOLIS should not be used for the trigeminal nerve that runs through the face
15. What conditions have customers told us that they use SOLIS Pain Relief System to relieve the associated pain?SOLIS provides relief for a host of conditions, and we are daily hearing from our customers about more. A list of the most common conditions that clients successfully treat with SOLIS are listed below, though please know that every person is different and results may vary. You'll want to use the device and find the right level of treatment for you personally.
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Restless leg syndrome
- Nerve pain
- Tennis elbow
- Chronic Pain
16. What are the dimensions of the handheld device?
The SOLIS Model 1100 is 4” wide x 6” long x 1” deep.
17. Do you really have a 60-day money back guarantee?
Yes. As we mentioned earlier, you can return it within 60 days if you find that it is not working for your type of pain. You are only responsible for return shipping, and a 10% restocking fee applies to medical device returns. That being said, we have very few people who return the device - most customers find that it does work and want to keep it.
18. What are the advantages to SOLIS over other pain-relief methods
There are a host of advantages SOLIS provides over other pain-relief methods. SOLIS is:
- Drug free
- No Side effects
19. Have other people used it successfully?
Yes! We have many satisfied customers. Please click here to read our customer reviews.
20. Why didn’t I buy this sooner?
This last question is one we hear regularly from customers who now understand how well it works.